Our commitment to quality
Solace is dedicated to providing high quality services that meet the individual needs of the women, children and young people we work with. One of our core values is a commitment to continuous improvement, ensuring that anyone accessing our services receives excellent and consistent support. We invest in accredited training for staff and volunteers, robust IT systems enabling us to evidence impact, and meaningful service user involvement in shaping our services.
We have been awarded a range of quality marks recognising our commitment to excellence and the high quality of Solace services and infrastructure. These include:
Service user and stakeholder feedback
All that we do is shaped by the women, children and young people we support. We proactively seek their feedback and meaningful involvement in developing our services.
During October of each year, we carry out a survey with our service users and stakeholders. The results provide a crucial insight into their experiences of Solace, the impact of our services, and what we could further improve. In 2015, over 400 respondents took part.
- 96% of service users rated the quality of Solace services to be good or excellent
- 98% of service users would recommend Solace to a friend or relative
- 97% of service users said that Solace staff were easy to talk to
- 90% of stakeholders rated the quality of Solace services to be good or excellent
- 94% of stakeholders rated Solace’s support for BME groups to be good or excellent
Solace is a member of several national networks, sharing our expertise and best practice with partners in London and organisations across the country.
Environmental PolicyEnvironmental Policy
Solace Women’s Aid is committed to preventing pollution and reducing the environmental impact of the organisation’s activities by:
- Working closely with stakeholders & service users
- Preventing pollution of water, land and air
- Minimising waste and reusing or recycling materials
- Disposing of waste responsibly
- Conserving energy sources
The organisation will review its activities on a regular basis with a view to achieving improvement in environmental performance.
The organisation will aim to raise awareness of environmental issues by encouraging the participation and training of all employees and informing any sub-contractors of the relevant issues. Read the full Environmental Policy