Vision, mission, values
Solace Women’s Aid’s vision is of a world where women and children live their lives free from domestic and sexual abuse.
Solace Women’s Aid exists to bring to an end the harm done through domestic and sexual violence to all survivors and in particular women and children. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
Solace Women’s Aid’s core values reflect our history and were developed in consultation with staff, service users, and trustees. We are:
- Women and children focused and empowering
- Diverse and anti-discriminatory in all our practice
- Committed to service users having a central voice within the organisation
- Feminist in our understanding of domestic and sexual violence
- Committed to continuous improvement
To further develop our community and accommodation based services to reflect a holistic multi agency response to VAWG
To develop further our approach to prevention work, expanding this each year over the next 5 years
In collaboration with statutory, voluntary and corporate agencies to achieve a coordinated response to VAWG